At the beginning of March, a lot of interesting changes came to Dota 2 in the form of one large patch – 7.10. It brought some item and bounty rune changes, as well as plenty of hero buffs and nerfs. And of course, the thing that everyone had been anticipating for a while: Dark Willow was enabled in Captain’s Mode, which means we’ll start to see her in professional tournaments.
Key changes in patch 7.10
Patch 7.10 brought a lot of hero changes. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Morphling’s ultimate ability (Morph) can now be toggled (has a 1 second cooldown) to go back and forth between Morphling and the morphed hero. Given the duration of this ability (20s or even 35s with the level 15 talent), its range (1000) and its cooldown (160/100/40s), this buff makes Morphling one of the most versatile and dynamic heroes in the game. He’s practically in the same league with Rubick and Invoker at the moment.
- Clinkz is now able to dodge 4 projectiles instead of 3 after using Strafe. His level 15 talent also received a buff, from 15% to 20% evasion.
- IO’s Tether duration was increased from by 2 seconds, from 12s to 14s.
- Invoker’s level 10 and 15 talents got buffed significantly: from +0.3s Tornado Lift Time to +0.5s, and from +1.5s Cold Snap duration to +2.5s.
- Crystal Maiden’s level 15 gold talent got buffed by 33.3%: from 90 gpm to 120 gpm.
- Boots of speed: movement speed bonus increased from 40 to 50, cost increased from 400 to 500 gold. This is a key change that impacts the laning phase, as heroes with boots can now chase or escape heroes without boots with greater ease. As a result of this item change, Power Treads and Phase Boots also had to be buffed, from 45 to 50 movement speed.
- Tome of knowledge: the experience gained by consuming the item was increased from 500 to 700. This is a big buff for support heroes, who rely on the item to achieve key levels faster.
- Soul Ring: the health cost when using its active was increased from 150 to 170.
- Randoming a hero now gives you a Faerie Fire instead of an Iron Branch. This offers randomed heroes more damage and survivability at the beginning of the game.
- The number of heroes that receive a bonus in the All Pick mode was increased by 2, from 10 to 12.
- The base gold of bounty runes was increased from 50 to 60. However, these runes no longer offer bonus experience. This change was likely made in order to compensate for the Tome of Knowledge one.
- The Flying Courier’s movement speed was increased from 450 to 460.