The Regional Qualifiers for the greatest Dota 2 event of the year are over and the 18 teams that will be taking part in this year’s TI have been decided. These participants were selected from 6 different regions:
- CIS: Virtus.pro, Winstrike Team
- North America: Evil Geniuses, OpTic Gaming, VGJ.Storm
- South America: paiN Gaming
- Southeast Asia: Mineski, TNC Predator, Fnatic
- China: PSG.LGD, Vici Gaming, Newbee, VGJ.Thunder, Invictus Gaming, Team Serenity
- Europe: Team Liquid, Team Secret, OG
Of course, all of these teams are strong in their own right, otherwise they wouldn’t be here. But some of them are simply better than others at the moment. However, there’s a long way to go until The International 2018 and almost two months of preparation combined with the latest patches can change the pecking order quite dramatically.
With everyone having ample time to analyze the game and prepare drafts and never before seen tactics and strategies, the outcome is likely to favor the strongest captains and the strongest team compositions. Which is I believe that PSG.LGD, Virtus.pro, Team Liquid and Team Secret are the most likely candidates to win the Aegis of Champions this year.